French New Wave

A cinema lovers encounter with the Nouvelle Vague.

Contact

News
Google
Le Monde
AlterNet

Directors
Jean-Luc Godard
Francois Truffaut
Claude Chabrol
Agnes Varda
Louis Malle
Alain Resnais
Eric Rohmer
Jacques Demy
Jean Rouch
Jacques Rivette
Jean-Pierre Melville
Chris Marker


Films
Bob Le Flambeur (1955)

Et Dieu...Crea La Femme (1956)

Ascenseur Pour L'Echafaud (1958)

Le Beau Serge (1958)

Moi, Un Noir (1958)

Les Cousins (1959)

Le Signe Du Lion (1959)

Les Quatre Cents Coups (1959)

Hiroshima, Mon Amour (1959)

Les Yeux Sans Visage (1960)

A Bout De Souffle (1960)

Tirez Sur Le Pianiste (1960)

Zazie Dans Le Metro (1960)

Les Bonnes Femmes (1960)

Paris Nous Appartient (1960)

Lola (1961)

Une Femme Est Une Femme (1961)

L'Anee Derniere A Marienbad (1961)

Cleo De 5 A 7 (1961)

Jules Et Jim (1962)

Vivre Sa Vie (1962)

La Jetee (1962)

Le Petit Soldat (1963)

Adieu Philippine (1963)

La Baie Des Anges (1963)

Le Mepris (1963)

Le Feu Follet (1963)

Bande A Part (1964)

La Peau Douce (1964)

Les Parapluies De Cherbourg (1964)

Paris Vu Par... (1965)

Alphaville (1965)

Pierrot Le Fou (1965)

Viva Maria! (1965)

Masculin Feminin (1966)

Deux Ou Trois Choses Que Je Sais D'Elle (1967)

La Chinoise (1967)

La Collectionneuse (1967)

Week-End (1967)

Le Samourai (1967)


Books
French New Wave by Chris Wiegand

A History of the French New Wave Cinema by Richard Neupert

French New Wave by Jean Douchet

French New Wave: An Artistic School by M. Marie, R. Neupert


Film Criticism
Sight & Sound
Film Comment
Film Quarterly
Cineaste


Blogs
Dialectic Humanism
Cinema 24
Esoteric Rabbit Films
Rashomon
Like Anna Karina's Sweater
-Cahiers Du Cinema-
Filmateur
Steven Carlson
Film Babble
Cinemania


Tuesday

The Dreamers




The Dreamers is released on DVD today. This film was definitely made in the spirit of the French New Wave, and is a wonderful celebration of sex and the cinema. I really felt in touch with the love of film shown by the main characters, primarily because I'm a cinema junkie myself. Although my love of cinema has never lead me to their hedonistic behavior. What a terrible shame that is! I paid 3X to see The Dreamers at the local arthouse theater - a personal record. No doubt I'm purchasing this.


There goes my pocket money...

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott A. Edwards said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! You really are very talented and deserve an honest compliment, congradulations! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a mlm business site/blog. It successfully covers mlm business related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time, Scott.

January 12, 2006 at 11:27 AM  
Blogger Scott A. Edwards said...

Wow what a cool blog you have here! I am impressed. You really put a lot of time and effort into this. I wish I had your creative writing skills, progressive talent and self- discipline to produce a blog like you did. Your blog really does deserve an honest compliment. If you have some time, stop by my site. It deals with stuff like, click here: low cost mlm and then feel free to e-mail me with your words of wisdom.

P.S. I'll sure put the word out about your site and I would appreciate any business you may send my. way... Later, Scott.

January 15, 2006 at 2:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home