French New Wave

A cinema lovers encounter with the Nouvelle Vague.

Contact

News
Google
Le Monde
AlterNet

Directors
Jean-Luc Godard
Francois Truffaut
Claude Chabrol
Agnes Varda
Louis Malle
Alain Resnais
Eric Rohmer
Jacques Demy
Jean Rouch
Jacques Rivette
Jean-Pierre Melville
Chris Marker


Films
Bob Le Flambeur (1955)

Et Dieu...Crea La Femme (1956)

Ascenseur Pour L'Echafaud (1958)

Le Beau Serge (1958)

Moi, Un Noir (1958)

Les Cousins (1959)

Le Signe Du Lion (1959)

Les Quatre Cents Coups (1959)

Hiroshima, Mon Amour (1959)

Les Yeux Sans Visage (1960)

A Bout De Souffle (1960)

Tirez Sur Le Pianiste (1960)

Zazie Dans Le Metro (1960)

Les Bonnes Femmes (1960)

Paris Nous Appartient (1960)

Lola (1961)

Une Femme Est Une Femme (1961)

L'Anee Derniere A Marienbad (1961)

Cleo De 5 A 7 (1961)

Jules Et Jim (1962)

Vivre Sa Vie (1962)

La Jetee (1962)

Le Petit Soldat (1963)

Adieu Philippine (1963)

La Baie Des Anges (1963)

Le Mepris (1963)

Le Feu Follet (1963)

Bande A Part (1964)

La Peau Douce (1964)

Les Parapluies De Cherbourg (1964)

Paris Vu Par... (1965)

Alphaville (1965)

Pierrot Le Fou (1965)

Viva Maria! (1965)

Masculin Feminin (1966)

Deux Ou Trois Choses Que Je Sais D'Elle (1967)

La Chinoise (1967)

La Collectionneuse (1967)

Week-End (1967)

Le Samourai (1967)


Books
French New Wave by Chris Wiegand

A History of the French New Wave Cinema by Richard Neupert

French New Wave by Jean Douchet

French New Wave: An Artistic School by M. Marie, R. Neupert


Film Criticism
Sight & Sound
Film Comment
Film Quarterly
Cineaste


Blogs
Dialectic Humanism
Cinema 24
Esoteric Rabbit Films
Rashomon
Like Anna Karina's Sweater
-Cahiers Du Cinema-
Filmateur
Steven Carlson
Film Babble
Cinemania


Friday

French New Wave - The Blog

Welcome to the first American blog devote to that fantastic period of cinema know as the French New Wave.

First off I want to lay down my credentials...

I have none :-)

I'm not a film historian, filmmaker, or film student. Nor do I have any experience of an kind in film. Hell, I'm not even that good of a writer!

What I am is an enthusiast of world cinema, and of the French New Wave in particular. Don't ask me if I've seen all the films - because I haven't. A combination of lack of money, and access have resulted in my missing a few. But I am working on this.

I plan on using a slightly restrictive definition of what constitutes a French New Wave film. I've decided to concentrate on French films released in the years 1958-1966. But I'm flexible! Films before and after these times will be topics of discussions as long as they have some type of association with the French New Wave.

At this point I'm hoping that I haven't bored the heck out of all of you.
If I haven't - Good! There will definitely be more to come.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott A. Edwards said...

Hello I am the traffic man, zip, zip, zip. make a new resolution to get a flood of traffic to your website this year. Let me show you how to get FREE traffic to your site. Yes I said FREE, FREE, FREE!!! Don't delay.

To find out more, visit my multi level methods site. It successfully covers FREE information exposing FREE traffic and multi level methods related stuff. Don't forget - FREE, FREE, FREE. You have nothing to lose!

January 15, 2006 at 4:06 AM  
Blogger Scott A. Edwards said...

Are you tired of getting nice compliments on your blog, when really your not makeng the kind of money that you deserve? Now you can join a completely FREE program. No buying and No selling. FREE to join. All you do is refer customers. To get started fast, click here: multi level methods site. It pretty much covers multi level methods related stuff and it's FREE to join.

January 18, 2006 at 12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home